Monday, April 8, 2013

My Poetry Story

Growing up I was always pressured into reading by my parents.  I hated it, I couldn't stand just sitting there reading, yuck!  I was given some poem books by famous poets like Robert Frost and Shel Silverstein. I would read these poems and honestly take nothing away, none of them made sense to me!  It was this way all the way up till I started Poetry class.  This class really opened me up to the wonderful world of poetry.  Before I was so confused on why people took such an interest in short jumbles of words that a lot of the times didn't make sense.  Then, thanks to poetry class, I realized that poems are feelings poured out by the poet,  It may not make any sense to me but its how the POET sees something, or how they feel.  When I began to write my own poems, I loved it, because I could really express how I felt about something or I could really get something off my chest in a civil manner.  Who cares if others cant make sense of it, that's the beauty of Poetry.

1 comment:

  1. That is the beauty of poetry! So keep writing and reading poetry!

    ReplyDelete